Wednesday, September 24, 2014

miracle cure


Ask any of my family, friends, or co-workers ….. I am forever looking for and trying new “keys to health”. While some of these ideas may smell of snake oil, I have recently re-discovered a cure that is, as my Daddy used to say, “good for what ails ya”.

This miracle cure has been shown to:
• Improve heart health
• Strengthen bones
• Help to clear your mind
• Improve symptoms of depression
• Lower risk of stroke
• Lower death rate
• Improve blood pressure levels
• Improve blood sugar levels
• Lower the risk of obesity
• Lower the risk of breast cancer
• Lower the risk of colon cancer
• Reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes
• Improve sleep
• Lower the risk of Alzheimer’s disease
• Reduce pain
• Improve creativity
• Help with weight-loss
• Improve many, many more health outcomes

Are you ready to sign up for my multi-level marketing plan? Well, there is no need to buy anything, join anything, or take any pills.

The miracle cure is…….. walking. Over 2400 years ago Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine said, “Walking is man’s best medicine”. Hundreds of studies over the past decades have shown the tremendous, even miraculous benefits of walking. Yet, less than 35 percent of Americans walk the recommended 30 minutes per day, 5 days per week. Taking a walk, alone or with a companion (my wife or my dog), is one of my favorite times of the day. It gets me away from the television, the phone (I don’t take it with me), and chores. Besides the benefits of physical activity, it is stress relieving. It provides me with some fresh air and vitamin D.

Visit Tanner Health System’s Get Healthy Live Well website for some tips on getting started with a healthy walking program.
http://www.gethealthylivewell.org/get-healthy-live-well/get-fit/go-for-30/walking-works-for-everyone And Tanner employees, remember to attend the Workplace Wellness roll-out next week (Monday in Carrollton, Wednesday in Villa Rica, and Friday at Higgins) for information, education, and motivation on moving in a healthier direction.

“If you seek creative ideas go walking.
Angels whisper to a man when he goes for
a walk.”
― Raymond I. Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment